# System requirements
The requirements below are the minimum system requirements for running Griffin 2.0. Exceeding these requirements will, in most cases, lead to a performance increase.
It is recommended that Automated Griffin configurations be on dedicated computers on which no other software is running for optimal performance.
# Operating System
tilia Griffin is supported on the operating systems below. If an operating system is not listed in the tables below, it is not supported. Do not try to install Griffin or GriffinAuto on a computer running an unsupported operating system:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2019 (all 64-bit editions)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- 10.15 (Catalina)
- 10.14 (Mojave)
- 10.13 (High Sierra)
- 10.12 (Sierra)
- 10.11 (El Capitan)
# Known Unsupported Operating Systems
- 32-bit Windows is not supported (all editions)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (all editions)
- Windows Server 2008 and older (all editions)
- Windows 8 and older (all editions)
- Windows 7
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and older
# CPU Requirements
|Griffin||2 processor cores |
|4 GB minimum |
8 GB recommended
|GriffinAuto||2 processor cores minimum |
4 processor cores recommended
|8 GB minimum |
16 GB recommended
As a general rule
2 cores and 10 GB is considered to be a base performance layer. 3 GB of RAM is expected to be available per extra core for regular processing.
# Hard Disk
- The installation takes up 1 GB of disk space.
- 100GB free space is required, 200GB recommended for GriffinAuto
- Take into account the need for storage of temporary and production data.
- A back-up solution is strongly advised.
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet, TCP/IP v4 protocol. TCP/IP version 6 is not supported.
- Minimum 1280 x 1024 screen resolution, true color depth.
Griffin supports virtualization on:
- VMware ESX
- Microsoft Hyper-V For Griffin, Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion is supported, but please be aware that Tilia Labs does not test all combinations of OS X or macOS and Parallels Desktop/VMware Fusion.
# File Server
All Tilia Labs applications running on Windows or Mac OS can use data that is available on network shares.
# Additional Notes
Installing and using Tilia Labs software on a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services server (Microsoft, Citrix,...) is not supported, except if licenses are being administered via Tilia Cloud (paid option).
It is against the Tilia Labs Inc. EULA to use Remote Desktop to access Tilia Labs software without a Tilia Cloud subscription. Please contact us with any questions.
Although we don't expect issues with Microsoft OS patches, Tilia Labs only guarantees support on the official MS Service Pack (SP) level, not on individual OS patches. Please contact Tilia Labs support in case of specific questions.
Tilia Labs software will only work with properly licensed versions of operating systems and other software. Tilia Labs is not responsible for any loss of functionality due to use with unlicensed software. Tilia Labs will not provide assistance in installing software on equipment lacking properly licensed software.